I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts.
Essential ideas reoccurring throughout this course will include:
- scientific methods and problem solving strategies involved in solving forensic problems or crime reconstruction
- the balance between governmental power and civil rights in the attainment of justice
- current technology & techniques used for chemical, biological and physical analysis of evidence
- mathematical calculation of probative value of evidence
- forensic-related career opportunities